Senior Financial Analyst, Inventory Control
Company: IT Avalon
Posted on: April 30, 2021
GENERAL PURPOSE : Summarize overall purpose of the position. The
Inventory Control Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for
providing detailed analysis of complex inventory related results,
models and ad-hoc inquiries. The Inventory Control Financial
Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Inventory Control and
will be responsible for developing, enhancing and managing new and
current (i.e. In-Store) models, quarterly Board analysis, and
completing a wide range of ad hoc analysis for Executives and other
business partners. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List the core duties or
tasks that are fundamental to the performance of the job. Define
purpose, function and the result to be accomplished. Also, focus on
frequency, time spent, etc. List in order of importance.
- Lead the updating and enhancing of the weekly In-Store
inventory model. Work closely with business partners to solicit
inputs including sales, allocation metrics, DC production, etc.
Provide impact analysis on in-store inventory and other key metrics
due to the weekly results and forecast changes.
- Prepare monthly Merchant Margin to Gross Margin variance
analysis. Prepare quarterly Gross Margin and Inventory Board
variance analysis identifying business drivers for variances.
- Perform complex ad-hoc analysis on key inventory metrics
(inventory, markdowns, sales) based on business needs or management
requests. Clearly articulate the results and business impacts to
all levels of management.
- Collaborate with business partners (ie Store & DC Ops) to drive
understanding and/or improvement in operational metrics that
correlate to improved data integrity.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding
improvements in timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of existing
- Lead system projects, modifications, enhancements and
implementations including requirements documentation and testing.
COMPETENCIES: List 4-8 competencies for the position.
- Analysis and judgment
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Planning and Organization
- Technical Skills
- Communication QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: List
Education level, Years of Experience, Technical Knowledge, and/or
Certifications required for the position.
- BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in an analytical role
- Retail and inventory experience a plus
- Strong analytical ability must be able to synthesize data, be
able to error check and reconcile own work and be able to design
analysis to answer specific questions
- Strong excel and word skills, as well as ability to learn
multiple back end software applications (i.e. MicroStrategy,
Hyperion, Peoplesoft Financial Systems)
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization and
handle matters professionally
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA: Please include any additional
physical requirements below the standard requirements (including
any travel, lifting, pushing, or pulling) Job requires ability to
work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires
sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone,
attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files,
etc. Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision
requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
electronically. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate positions
(list of job titles) directly supervised by this position. None -
provided by Dice
Keywords: IT Avalon, Dublin , Senior Financial Analyst, Inventory Control, Professions , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!