Expert, Inspection Review Specialist - Bay Area
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Requisition ID# 141203Job Category: Compliance / Risk / Quality
AssuranceJob Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Operations
- OtherWork Type: HybridJob Location: DublinPosition Summary:The
Inspection Review Specialist (IRS) is a critical member of the
Transmission and Substation System Inspection Team. The IRS focuses
on being present and available to the personnel performing enhanced
inspections on Substation and Transmission Assets in the field.
This position delivers training, reviews, and confirms findings and
appropriately escalates findings of an urgent nature.This position
ensures findings are aligned to safety, maintenance, and compliance
guidelines. They are constantly thinking of ways to enhance and
improve our inspection technology.This position offers a flexible
work location within the Bay Area.Responsibilities:
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME), providing oversight
and guidance on more complex notification field scenarios and
working on ad-hoc or special requests for new or re-evaluation of
existing LC or EC notifications.
- Reviews completed inspection forms, attached pictures, maps and
other information submitted from inspectors in SAP, Trifacta,
Sherlock, etc, to analyze and evaluate the inspector's
- Returns incomplete records to the appropriate field employee,
desktop inspector or Supervisor for correction, and ensures all
records and findings are maintained for potential future
- Directs internal inspection quality audit efforts. Develops
reports describing findings, observations, and trends; presents
findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Develops job aids and guidance documents related to new or
revised standards or work procedures, including providing training
to Sr. Inspection Review Specialists and inspectors.
- Reviews, approves and releases staging notifications,
corrective notifications and orders submitted by inspectors, based
on the priority of work tasks.
- Assists in the review of notifications validated by new
Specialists for accuracy and quality, trains and mentors new
employees, and assists others using established processes,
practices, and procedures, and acts as a lead for contractors or
supplemental internal resources.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, and leads the
implementation of such projects, working with peers to develop and
- Performs field and/or virtual desktop visits, as applicable,
based on the EC/LC field condition and/or any issues with the
information provided from the originating
- High School or General Educational Development - GED
- Seven (7) years utility industry experience.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Senior Inspection Review
Specialist, or related experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the timeDesired:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experiences as Senior Inspection Review Specialist, 12
- Experience in Engineering, 4 years
- Experience as electric Journeyman, 8 years
- Experience working with the AIR+ Team (Substation,
Transmission, or Distribution).
- Familiarity with PG&E construction standards, bulletins,
and guidance documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of GO 165, 95, 128 and construction
standards, and the differences/similarities (compelling/regulatory
conditions vs. GO 95 or 128)
- Knowledge and understanding of the EDPM/ETPM Manual and
supporting job aids for GO 165 patrol and inspection.
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees
from various departments
- Proficient in SAP Work Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Exchange, Excel,
- Strong oral and written communication skills with various
levels of internal contacts#featuredjob
Keywords: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Dublin , Expert, Inspection Review Specialist - Bay Area, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!