Infection Control Coordinator at Alameda County Santa Rita Jail
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
This position, under the direction of the Health Services
Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed
medical professional, is responsible for the effective direction,
management; and operation of the infection prevention and
control/epidemiology department, including education of personnel
and consultation with the county and state health departments. The
responsibilities encompass compliance with, OSHA and state
regulations, outbreak investigation, and overall direction of the
infection prevention and control program.
- BSN or a Bachelor's degree in microbiology or epidemiology is
- Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC)
training course or equivalent preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience with a minimum of one
(1) year working in Public Health or in the capacity of an
Infection Control Nurse in an acute care setting preferred
- Must have clinical experience in a hospital setting or disease
surveillance experience in a public health setting
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- Current (and must maintain) RN License in state employed, if RN
- Public Health Nurse (PHN) certification
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is preferred
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving ACLS certification
- Devises action plans to correct negative variances.
- Establishes, implements, and administers departmental goals,
objectives, policies and procedures; conducts ongoing review of
facility policies, procedures and guidelines to identify infection
control discrepancies and implements revisions as necessary.
- Ensures that departmental goals are compatible with, and
enhance the organization's mission, values, and strategic plan.
Provides information to the HSA, Medical Director and Jail
Commander to formulate changes in the policies, procedures and/or
processes which could reduce the spread of infection.
- Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers,
supervisors, and occupational health and other
professional/non-professional staff members to provide resource
information, resolve infection control problems, and identify new
opportunities to improve service and reduce costs.
- Develops and enforces effectual policies and procedures for the
department that ensures compliance with, OSHA, CDC, CMS and other
county, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data
for the infection control committee, and the facility's
administration and other committees as needed.
- Develops and coordinates the infection prevention and control
program throughout the facility. Implements the program by
formulating, establishing and evaluating policies and procedures
relating to patientcare infection control measures throughout the
facility. Performs an annual assessment and develops action plans
from the prior year activities.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Dublin , Infection Control Coordinator at Alameda County Santa Rita Jail, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!