Learning & Development Specialist
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Vagaro is looking to fill a new role with the company as a
Learning & Development Specialist. In this role you will support
the organization with building a learning culture through
supporting key initiatives including delivering training on
leadership skills, soft skills and product knowledge. We are
growing and adding new career opportunities that calls for our
staff to learn new skills and keep up with existing skills to be
effective at their jobs. You will design, conduct, and organize
training programs to improve employee performance, ensure
organizational productivity, and enable colleagues to develop and
grow meaningful careers. If you have a natural curiosity for
teaching and learning, then this position might be for you. This
position will report to the Technical Support Training Manager.
**This is an onsite position at our Dublin, CA Headquarters**
- 15 days PTO
- 10 company holidays
- Reimbursement program using any of Vagaro services.
- 401k retirement plan with matching
- Healthcare, dental & vision plans for individuals and
- Life insurance, supplemental programs
- College reimbursement program
- Discounted tickets program
- Doordash Dash Pass
- On-site fitness center
- Work/Life & EAP servicesKey Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a positive professional learning
- Conduct new hire training for onboarding of new hires.
- Deliver soft skills training workshops or one-on-one coaching
for leadership development, talent, and skills for employees
specific to department needs.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and administers curriculum and
- Teaches helpful strategies as well as provides various
role-playing activities that allow the participants to realize
where opportunities are and take action to correct them.
- Works with employees to meet checklist of skills identified for
their development; monitoring and reviewing their progress through
questionnaires and discussion with managers.
- Monitors the effectiveness and continuous improvement of the
training program and material.
- Highly self-motivated and be able to work independently and/or
as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Prepares written reports.Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience as trainer/instructor or in a related
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)Preferred:
- Experience with Instructional design and Instructional Systems
Design (ISD) models like ADDIE.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Industrial and Organizational
psychology, Human Resources, or related field.
- Certified in Meyer's Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), DiSC or
experience delivering similar workshops.
- Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) or
other certification from a recognized training organization (ex.
- Experience with Learning Management SystemsAbout the
Company:Vagaro, Inc. develops an all-in-one business management
platform and a powerful online marketplace for the salon, spa, and
fitness industries. More than 166,000 professionals and 63,000+
businesses in the United States, Canada, UK, and Australia use
Vagaro's cloud-based software to manage all aspects of their
operations. Consumers choose Vagaro to search for and book services
in their community at their convenience. Vagaro is easy-to-use and
works on any device. Learn more by visiting and
Keywords: Vagaro, Dublin , Learning & Development Specialist, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!