Fraud Investigator (Cyber)
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: January 9, 2022
About Patelco Credit Union:We're here to help people in
communities throughout Northern California build financially
healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with
our members to understand what is financially best for them. We
thrive on change, and we put people first. If you're looking to use
your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of
others, we look forward to hearing from you.
Patelco Credit Union is a not-for-profit credit union committed to
serving the financial health and wellbeing of its membership. With
more than 400,000 members primarily in and around northern
California, Patelco is committed to improving their members'
financial well-being and fueling hope and opportunity for its
members by offering personalized solutions, advice, and expertise
that empower them to achieve personal financial freedom. Founded in
1936 with $500 in assets by employees of the Pacific Telephone and
Telegraph Company, Patelco is in the top one percent of U.S. credit
unions with more than $8 billion in assets.Overview:Patelco is
looking to add a Fraud Investigator that will have extensive
experience in cyber/digital fraud investigation and able to
mitigate risk to the organization. In this role you will provide
support and service to members, team-members, and external parties.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have experience with
fraud detection tools, statistical analysis, and modeling of fraud
We are looking for a talented individual who can make an impact at
reducing fraud and risk to the enterprise and will have the ability
to convey information diplomatically with the appropriate level of
- Performs fraud prevention activities on new/existing deposit
accounts, focusing on functions established to provide early
warning signs of potential losses and taking steps to mitigate that
- Monitors and reviews high risk digital channel
events/transactions (such as Zelle) to mitigate enterprise and
- Periodically attends Team/Department meetings to provide fraud
training, answer questions, and gain staff feedback to ensure fraud
prevention efforts are effective and support a positive member
- Able to lead fraud/risk investigations for both simple and
complex cases to successful conclusion.
- Participate in timely daily review of activities involving
Check Fraud, ACH, Bill Pay, Account Takeover, Elder Abuse, Deposit
Fraud, and Identity Theft.
- Ability to detect deficiencies in current processes and
procedures to analyze and suggest ways to re-engineer them to
reduce fraud/risk exposure/recommend improvements
- Assists in maintaining, design and implementation of existing
and new fraud detection tools.
- Works as needed/directly with account holders, third parties
and referring cases to law enforcement as well as responding to law
- Cross-functionally communicates and collaborates with branch
staff, management, and other operational business partners to
ensure fraud best-practices are understood and implemented.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all federal, state,
and local regulations as well as internal policies and procedures
and credit union products and services.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs of the
- Subject matter expert on fraud identification and
- Bachelor's degree in business related discipline or equivalent
operational experience preferred.
- 3 years plus experience in digital fraud investigation in a
credit union, FinTech, or bank operations environment.
- Proven ability to actively listen to others and effectively
navigate through challenging conversations.
- Expert with various reporting tools such as Microsoft Office
Suite, with advanced Excel experience and data analysis (SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to communicate at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use sound
judgment to make quick decisions with attention to detail
- Delivers exceptional service to team members and members.
Models and acts with a sense of urgency and seizes opportunities to
improve the overall experience for the membership.
- Adept at complex problem solving to overcome obstacles in
- Effective communication skills and collaborates with others to
achieve organizational goals
- Must possess demonstrated ability to influence others, provide
- Individual must be a self-starter with a high level of
dependability and self-motivation, able to work both independently
and in a team-oriented environment and meet deadlines while working
in a fast past environment.
- Memberships/Certifications with Fraud Related organizations
such as ACFE (Certified Fraud Examiner or IAFCI (International
Association of Financial Crime Investigators)
- Able to commute to Dublin, CA headquarters
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Dublin , Fraud Investigator (Cyber), Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!