WPW Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) Coordinator
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Under the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA),
Program Manager (PM), or other higher licensed medical
professional, the Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) Coordinator will
be responsible for ensuring treatment for chemically dependent
patients, establishing and maintaining individual counseling group
therapy or self-help groups and maintaining open communication with
behavioral health in treatment plans in compliance with all
applicable facility and company standards and state and federal
rules and regulations.
- High school and specialized training for
- Two (2) or more years with an unrestricted current CA Counselor
license in accordance with CCR Title IX, section 10125; must
maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing,
- Two (2) or more years of experience as an addiction Counselor
Certification Certified Alcohol or Drug Counselor-Certified
- Healthcare Management experience preferred
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- Current (and must maintain) unrestricted CA Counselor license
in accordance with CCR Title IX, section 10125
- Current (and must maintain) Addiction Counselor Certification
Certified Alcohol or Drug Counselor-Certified Addiction
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving ACLS certification
- Ensure staff perform a proper screening at intake for potential
opioid withdrawal within two hours of entry into facility.
- Ensure staff have assessed all patients who have a positive
opioid screening within 24 hours.
- Ensure staff have provided effective medication for those who
have signs of withdrawal.
- Will educate all patients with substance abuse about their
disease and evaluate for treatment,
- Ensure protocols for assessment, monitoring and management for
individuals is followed.
- Establish group and individual counseling for substance
- Alcohol and other drug recovery education
- Assist patients with developing skills through activities and
groups for reentry into the community and relapse prevention
- Establish training programs for medical staff, behavioral
- Chart all findings in patient's medical record providing
written summaries of history, findings and treatment course or
other documentation requirements as outlined by the company and
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees
- Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful
training of direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Dublin , WPW Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) Coordinator, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!