Sr. Product Designer - Digital
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About Patelco Credit Union
We're here to help people in communities throughout Northern
California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being
attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is
financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people
first. If you're looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a
difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial
needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn,
we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer
fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency,
simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we
started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and
expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve
Joining Patelco's Digital Delivery team means you'll be helping
us make it easy for members to effectively manage their financial
lives online - from opening new accounts to completing their
everyday banking needs in as few interactions as possible. We are
looking for a Digital Product Designer with a strong track record
at simplifying complex workflows. You enjoy solving complex design
challenges, driving friction out of the user's experience, and put
the member's needs at the center of every design decision. You love
finding the best solutions and most importantly, your work will be
used by real people. From brainstorming through implementation, you
will work in collaboration with digital product managers,
engineers, and other stakeholders to create simple and seamless
experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into
sketches, wireframes and experimental prototypes.
The Sr. Digital Product Designer will own the full-stack design
process for new and existing digital features -from blue sky
exploration to interaction wireframes to polished, pixel-perfect UI
designs to detailed UX specs. You will wear multiple design hats
(interaction, visual, strategy) to tackle problems big and small.
When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more, not less,
creative and energized.
You'll think visually - using techniques like storyboards,
sketching and rapid prototyping to communicate design concepts.
You'll think conceptually - applying a user-centered approach to
requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging
You'll be data- driven to inform decision decisions - analyzing
user feedback and site analytics, leading user research and
applying learnings to quickly iterate designs.
The majority of your work will focus on member-facing digital
products and experiences for native mobile apps and responsive web
design. You will be translating product concepts into user flows,
wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes that lead to
intuitive user experiences. You will be clearly articulating and
presenting your concepts, design perspective and rationale to
project teams and stakeholders. You'll be collaborating with
product managers and engineers on implementation in an agile
You will remain current on digital design trends to retain a
deep understanding of design principals and industry trends and
continually improve your skills and capabilities.
- 6+ years of UX/product design experience across digital
channels (web, mobile web, app) in the digital consumer space, with
a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to
solve customer needs
- Experienced in simplifying complex workflows and UIs
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, user testing, rapid
prototyping, heuristic analysis, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly present your work and advocate design
- Strong visual design sense with typography and layout
as a medium in design work. You must be able to leverage this
understanding in order to bridge the gap between your product
design goals and the resulting engineering implementation.
- Experience working with engineering team from design hand off
through implementation and release
- Familiarity with iterative processes like Agile and the tools
and strategies that make those processes successful.
- Expertise in tools common to modern design work for digital
products: Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite,
Axure, Balsamiq, etc. and are a quick adopter of new tools.
- Current on design methodologies and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and incomplete
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate
obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Creative self-starter with can-do positive attitude and a
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work
effectively in a highly cross-functional organization
- Ability to consistently prioritize workflow with heavy emphasis
based on business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Media Arts,
Human Computer Interaction, or other related disciplines.
- Empowerment, Engagement, and Teamwork
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Dublin , Sr. Product Designer - Digital, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!