Line Cook #36
Company: Hof's Hut Restaurant and Bakery
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Line Cooks prepare food to be served in compliance with all
applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and
following established food production recipes and procedures. Line
Cooks are responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies
and equipment to minimize loss, waste, injury, and fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the
- Working in a team environment with the ability to be an
effective team player
- Preparing, to order, all food items following standard recipes
and procedures within specified time limits
- Prepping assigned items associated with the assigned station;
ensuring freshness of ingredients; labeling prepped ingredients
with the name of item, date and time prepped, and initials or
- Grilling, sauting, deep-frying, baking, broiling, etc. raw and
- Complying with established sanitation standards, personal
hygiene, and health standards; observing proper food preparation
and handling techniques
- Measuring and assembling ingredients and cooking items
according to recipes and menu specifications
- Maintaining cooking line in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner;
returning ingredients to storage after use to ensure freshness
- Follows SDS book for proper guidelines for use on chemicals and
- Stocking/restocking items on the cooks' line according to
- Washing and cleaning raw food products
- Peeling, dicing, shredding, and slicing food products using
manual and automatic equipment
- Take pride in your personal appearance; reporting to work in
neat and clean clothing; maintaining well-groomed hair and personal
hygiene as established by Company policy
- Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your
- Performing other duties as directed
Qualifications and Work Environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Moderate verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in an
oral and written format.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly; ability to
pass menu related tests
- California food handler's card required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of
- One or more years of full-service restaurant experience
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to workplace safety
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
- Two or more years of full-service restaurant experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is
standing the entire shift. The team member frequently reaches,
bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries, and pushes.
The team member frequently is required to use hands or fingers,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions.
The team member is frequently required to walk; sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The team member occasionally lifts and carries tubs
and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The team member is regularly
exposed to kitchen equipment (e.g., oven, stove, dishwasher,
slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives, etc.).
The team member must frequently communicate with coworkers. The
team member is occasionally exposed to hazards including, but not
limited to cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls and burns;
frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity,
extreme cold; frequent contact/immersion of hands in water,
sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and
produce items and frequent washing of hands. The noise level in the
work environment is moderate to loud.
Keywords: Hof's Hut Restaurant and Bakery, Dublin , Line Cook #36, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!