TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources
solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance
business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR
function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on
operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR
solutions include features such as payroll processing, human
capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee
benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers'
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive
team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker
symbol TNET. If you're passionate about innovation and making an
impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our
clients' business success with extraordinary HR.
As the Regional Vice President, Sales you will provide
leadership and support to a team of first line and second line
leaders and sales reps within your region who are selling to target
accounts with 5-99 employees. Your direct reports are passionate
about building and leading a team of high-performing Sales
Consultants who generate new business across several industries and
ultimately increase our market share in a highly consultative
A career with TriNet is truly an opportunity to join a company
poised for years of growth. Your prior experience managing
outsourced B2B services sold directly to the SMB market,
particularly when it involves educating prospects and strategic
partners, will prove to be invaluable. As part of our sales
leadership team, you will build a team and use your demonstrated
communication skills, sales success, and ability to motivate others
to lead by example in a dynamic growth organization.
- Collaborate with Senior Vice President of Sales to determine
and define sales objectives and develop sales strategies to achieve
the organization's sales goals.
- Hire, attract and retain top talent through exceptional
- Motivate, inspire, lead, train, coach, direct, and evaluate a
regional sales team of Area Directors, Sales Directors and Sales
Consultants who redefine the industry.
- Evaluate market trends and results to adjust demand gen
programs, GTM strategy and overall market expansion
- Work with Industry Vice Presidents and VP of Channel Sales to
drive our vertical, industry, and channel initiatives.
- Prepare market analyses and business plans on customer needs,
volume potential, price schedules and discount rates, and develop
sales campaigns to drive sales results.
- Responsible for budget planning, sales forecasting and other
reports as requested.
- Increase company's revenue and contribution in defined sales
plan, region and market.
- Work closely cross functionally to establish successful sales
programs and initiatives that drive business results.
- Demonstrate a strong external focus to influence direction and
build TriNet's brand reputation.
- Cultivate collaboration, communication, and dedication among
team and across organizational boundaries.
- Act as key player in championing corporate change
- Demonstrate TriNet's core values, at all times.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced degree or an equivalent combination of
education and/or experience is desirable
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Minimum of 15 years of sales or business development experience
with a track record of success.
- Extensive leadership experience from world class large-scale to
mid-sized corporate or entrepreneurial environments.
- Demonstrated experience applying a strong process and
metrics-informed orientation towards recruiting and building a team
of "A" players.
- Experience selling a solution targeting the SMB market.
- Proven PEO experience a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to build consensus and engage others to become a part
of a higher performing team.
- Ability to attract talent due to his/her track record and
- Solid understanding of how to build a high-performing sales
organization, both in-person and remote.
- Executive presence to successfully interact with senior level
executive and board members.
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strategically oriented and consultative approach to sales.
- Strong collaboration skills within and across
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret data to help make
- Ability to lead digital initiatives and events.
- A demonstrated dedication to high professional ethical
standards and a diverse workplace.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical
requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Travel required (up to 50%).
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job
duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is
not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may
vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color,
disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic
information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or
other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a
mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during
the application process should contact email@example.com to
request such an accommodation.