Director, Debit and Credit Cards
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About Patelco Credit Union
We're here to help people in communities throughout Northern
California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being
attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is
financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people
first. If you're looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a
difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial
needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn,
we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer
fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency,
simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we
started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and
expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve
The Director, Cards will lead growth of Patelco's credit and
debit card portfolios. The Cards Director is responsible for the
development and execution of the portfolio growth strategy and will
partner closely with functional partners including retail
distribution, marketing, operations and technology to achieve
cardmember and revenue growth objectives. The role will report to
the VP Consumer Loans and Cards.
- Create and mobilize a plan to accelerate growth of credit and
debit card transactional volume, balances, and revenue in
accordance with Patelco's strategic plan targets. Plan should
address key drivers of portfolio growth, i.e., promotional
marketing acquisition and retention, product development, pricing,
distribution channels, credit risk policy and emerging payment and
consumer behavioral trends.
- Develop detailed tactics and dimension pro forma business
impacts of key initiatives required to get to plan targets and to
maintain top third peer to peer ranking.
- Prioritize and deliver in partnership with cross functional
leaders the key capabilities and initiatives needed to achieve
growth plan across the full value chain inclusive of: product
design, pricing, acquisition, usage and retention marketing,
distribution across physical and remote/digital channels, card
member experience, account opening efficiency, card servicing and
risk performance. This applies to debit card activation, usage and
member engagement as well.
- Rationalize the product portfolio to enable simplicity of
product selection/fit for card members to choose from and for
client facing staff to recommend. Create clear differentiation of
product value propositions that tightly align to Patelco's target
segment needs leveraging our brand and financial health/well-being
mission. Leverage reward structures to drive preference and share
- Ensure card practices are highly convenient and current in
today's market and member experience and satisfaction is high
contributing to high retention and utilization.
- Set specific KPI targets across originations volumes,
processing cycles, productivity, yield, risk and member
satisfaction. Put in place tools to monitor KPIs regularly.
- Review and recommend changes to new acquisitions and existing
portfolio credit policies to support expansion of target segments
and growth initiatives. For example align policies and processes
based on relationship versus non-relationship status. Ground policy
recommendations in credit and financial performance analysis to
balance risk and return.
- Develop and manage a team of two direct reports. Grow the
knowledge base and effectiveness of the overall team within
Patelco's member driven, financial well-being culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or equivalent is
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the credit card industry,
preferably with diverse roles across product management,
operations, marketing and risk management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience engaging, developing and motivating
teams to deliver results.
- Thorough understanding of the credit and debit card
- Strong knowledge of the external market, customer attitudes and
behaviors, distribution strategies, profit & loss drivers and
production / product delivery model, legal / compliance and
regulatory climate and requirements.
- Strong understanding of credit/fraud risk and policy execution.
Balances approach to managing credit risk/reward within an
established risk appetite framework. Balances risk/fraud policies
and underwriting / processing execution with member
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Uses facts and
data as basis for formulating solutions and understanding
- Creative thinker, courage to question and to challenge the
existing business model. Ability to develop, gain buy in to and
execute on new strategies and tactics
- Thought leadership with the ability to lead and mobilize teams
- Team player, collaborates across levels, functions, lines of
business and other internal and external partners
- Results oriented - strong organizational, project planning
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Dublin , Director, Debit and Credit Cards, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!