Specialized Account Manager
Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About Patelco Credit Union
We're here to help people in communities throughout Northern
California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being
attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is
financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people
first. If you're looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a
difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial
needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn,
we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer
fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency,
simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we
started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and
expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve
The Specialized Account Manager is primarily responsible for
overseeing the decedent member experience and providing elder abuse
case support for the credit union. This includes delivering an
excellent service experience to the families and beneficiaries of
the decedent's estate, working cross-functionally with key areas
such as the IRA/HSA department, Payment Operations, Centralized
Support, Mortgage Servicing, and Consumer Lending to ensure
decedent share and loan accounts are effectively managed through
the estate resolution process. For the more complex cases, this
role will consult with legal counsel, compliance, and the
California Credit Union League, to ensure a risk-based approach is
integrated in the resolution process.
- Effectively oversee the decedent estate account process for the
credit union. Includes maintaining a hassle-free escalation process
for the Member Contact Center to follow.
- Works closely with the Procedural Analyst and support
department leaders to proactively create revise procedures and
process tools related to decedent estate, powers of attorney (POA),
conservatorships, court- appointed directives, and trust/fiduciary
- Responsible for implementing a disciplined record keeping/ case
log process of cases managed.
- Quickly build relationships as a credible and trusted business
- Closely collaborate with Learning & Development to ensure
relevant training materials are updated.
- Assist member-facing departments with Elder Abuse escalations
and case reporting to Adult Protective Services (APS).
- Partner with Fraud Prevention, Learning & Development,
Marketing, and Member Experience to build awareness around how
Elder Abuse trends are impacting the membership.
- Periodically attends Team/Department meetings to provide
operations training, answer questions, and gain staff feedback to
ensure the decedent estate account process is effective and
supports a positive member experience.
- Create and deliver high quality business presentations to key
stakeholders, and management as necessary.
- Acts as a specialized account subject matter expert on behalf
of Patelco during the internal and external audit process. This
includes interaction with the Department of Financial Protection &
Innovation, NCUA, and other third parties engaged in the review of
the credit union's decedent member account process.
- Understand and comply with all applicable federal and state
laws and banking regulations and Patelco Credit Union's policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May involve occasional travel to different work sites within 50
- Minimum 5 years of experience resolving problems and developing
solutions for members/customers within the financial services
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with credit union/bank
policies and procedures strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience working with legal counsel and external
regulatory agencies is strongly desired.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage work hours and
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide array of people
on many different levels.
- In depth knowledge and experience in regulated environments,
working with regulatory requirements and regulators is strongly
- Must have PC/Windows-based software experience and proficient
in various Microsoft applications.
- Experience and working knowledge of the JIRA/Confluence,
SharePoint, and Target Process platforms preferred.
- Advanced planning and organizing skills to deliver workload in
- Proven ability to actively listen to others and effectively
navigate through challenging conversations.
- Fosters open and honest communication. Listens to what is said
and is appropriately sensitive to the reaction of others.
- Delivers exceptional service to team members and members.
Models and acts with a sense of urgency and seizes opportunities to
improve the overall experience for the membership.
- Adept at complex problem solving to overcome obstacles in
- Acts with integrity in all decision making. Distinguishes
relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely sound
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to communicate at all levels.
- Experienced in facing adversity and navigating through
stressful situations to achieve resolution.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to influence and coach other
leaders, provide constructive feedback, and seek collaboration to
successfully resolve issues and meet desired objectives.
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Dublin , Specialized Account Manager, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!