Company: ECMS Inc
Posted on: May 1, 2021
ECMS IncDescription: PAY: $16/hour+ depending on experienceWe
are keeping our firefighters safe! $500 Retention Bonus! Growth
Opportunities! ECMS specializes in the inspection, cleaning, and
repair of personal protective ensembles (PPE) and ensemble elements
used for structural, wildland, industrial, and aviation
firefighting applications. ECMS also serves as a highly skilled
resource for aftermarket alterations, modifications and accessories
for PPE and ensemble elements. Providing support services for
personal protective ensembles is our only business, and we take
great pride in doing it well.About the PositionWe are looking for a
versatile, motivated Sewer/Seamstress at our ECMS Dublin location.
The main responsibility of this role is sewing, with growth
opportunities to support evaluation of PPE elements & data
entry.What You'll Be Doing
- Perform repairs and alterations, and add accessory items to
personal protective ensemble elements.
- Contribute to the production of finished goods such as letter
patches, hose straps, shrouds, gear bags and other items.
- Follow established patterns and specifications, as well as
create new patterns and specifications as necessary.
- Alter sizing on uniforms.
- Learn NFPA 1851 and other industry standards and how they
relate to our processes and procedures.
- Data entry including, but not limited to element information,
order entry, work performed, customer information, shipping
- Sort, organize, inspect and launder personal protective
- Assist with material inventory counts, shipping, and
- Use handheld hardware and tools as necessary.
- Operate company vehicles for pickup and delivery functions. .
Requirements: Must Have Skills
- Strong sewing ability.
- Professional experience with heavy fabric and hardware.Must
Have Soft Skills
- Strong work ethic with proven attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Demonstrated good judgement and a high degree of
- Self-starter with willingness to do whatever is necessary to
support the team.Nice to Have
- Experience with various industrial sewing machines.
- Experience with pattern creation.
- Professional data entry experience.
- Ability to lift and handle 50 pounds.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Inspection and laundering of clothing.
- Pattern reading.
- Industrial stitching skills using, walking-foot, industrial
style, sewing equipment is instrumental to the success of this
role.Work PerksWe currently offer a generous benefit package to all
of our regular full-time employees, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – health and dependent
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness plan
- Performance-based profit sharing programAbout UsECMS operates
six service centers in the Western United States: Henderson, NV,
Dublin, CA, La Mirada, CA, Kent, WA, Salt Lake City, UT, and
Phoenix, AZ. Visit our website for more information:
http://www.ecmsinc.biz/ L.N. Curtis & sons, ECMS, and Firefighters
Bookstore are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
genetic information, political views or activity, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, L.N.
Curtis & sons, ECMS, and Firefighters Bookstore participate in the
E-Verify program as required by law. You may view our Equal
Employment, Pay Transparency and E-Verify notices at
Keywords: ECMS Inc, Dublin , Sewer/Seamstress, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!