Staff Systems Design Engineer
Company: ZEISS Meditec Production
Posted on: November 22, 2020
STAFF SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER
DUBLIN, CA, USA
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
The Staff Systems Design Engineer will architect, design, specify
and validate systems and subsystems; develop algorithms; and
contribute to overall system architecture and design.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Provide direction and leadership in system architecture and
* Work extensively with Marketing and Engineering to define,
analyze, detail, and document specifications for tradeoffs,
performance, features, controls, and operation of products into a
form suitable for product implementation.
* Contribute to the designs as required; this may include
development, verification, and validation of algorithms.
* Lead system integration of the specialist areas of a product.
* Plan and conduct in-depth reviews, testing and
verifications/validation of product features.
* Critically analyze and verify system performance through
simulation, test, and measurements.
* Specify and develop improvements or enhancements to existing
products and champion implementation if necessary.
* Provide technical direction at systems level to other team
* Advanced degree desirable, Masters degree in Electrical
Engineering, Physics, or Computer Sciences and a minimum of five
(5) years relevant work experience. A Ph.D. degree in one of the
above areas would be desirable and substitute for possible lack of
work experience. Generalists are preferred over Specialists .
* A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience required.
* Experience in image processing techniques and/or optical systems
design two (2) plus years experience in system specification
tradeoffs, development and integration of complex products,
preferably medical electronic instruments.
* Demonstrated ability to work with Marketing and with other
engineering groups in resolving design trade-offs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly changing
* Knowledge of or prior work experience in one or more of the
following subject areas would be helpful:
* Medical electronic instruments, ophthalmic instruments, imaging
or non-imaging optics, image processing, machine vision systems,
human vision, modeling and simulation tools (MATLAB, Martrixx,
Mathematica), PC applications and OEM integration, Displays,
medical safety/regulatory agency compliance testing and
requirements. In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities
for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where
expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is
supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal
of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your
application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social
origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual
orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes. Diversity is a part of
ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of
gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy
of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled Employer
Keywords: ZEISS Meditec Production, Dublin , Staff Systems Design Engineer, Other , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!