Paralegal, Real Estate Law
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
Assist Real Estate Law Attorneys in the preparation and assembly of
leases, amendments and other documentation, and provide litigation
support as requested.
Prepare lease documentation and related legal documents for new and
existing store, office and warehouse facilities:
- Prepare exhibits for leases and other in-house generated legal
- Prepare memoranda of lease.
- Compile documentation and oversee the preparation of execution
sets of new lease documents for the Real Estate Law Department.
- Obtain and review due diligence materials from landlord
representatives and/or outside counsel, including survey and title
documents, CCRs, OEAs, REAs, and environmental reports to surface
legal issues that could impair the development or operation of a
proposed Ross facility.
- Obtain and confirm legal descriptions to ensure that they
describe the property on which the Ross facility is to be
- Obtain and review exclusive use provisions contained in leases
for other tenants in proposed shopping center developments to
identify potential conflicts with Ross uses and make initial
recommendations to Real Estate Law Attorneys regarding required
- Proofread leases and related documentation prepared by Real
Estate Law Attorneys.
Prepare lease-related and other miscellaneous legal documents and
perform related tasks
- Prepare Estoppel Certificates based on information received
from real estate, property management, construction, and facilities
- Under the supervision of Real Estate Law Attorneys, and within
guidelines established by Real Estate Law Attorneys, negotiate and
draft Subordination, Attornment and Non-Disturbance Agreements with
Landlords and their Lenders.
- Maintain internal litigation files for disputes arising out of
- Under the supervision of Ross Real Estate Law Attorneys, obtain
and organize information from relevant departments in response to
discovery requests in connection with pending litigation.
- Under the supervision of Ross Real Estate Law Attorneys, review
mechanic's lien filings and prepare correspondence to Landlord or
follow up internally, as appropriate, to facilitate removal of
- Prepare transmittals to Property Management department
regarding change of landlord information as determined by estoppel
- Collect and distribute lease information, including redacted
leases, to risk management personnel, as requested.
- Other special projects or assignments as required or assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 3 years paralegal experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and communication skills required.
Ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to handle numerous activities and prioritize
- Ability to operate with minimal direction, set priorities, and
exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to learn custom Real Estate programs such as Site
- Notary Public
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage
in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client
support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role
can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Dublin , Paralegal, Real Estate Law, Legal , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!