Director, Real Estate Law Attorney
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
This position provides or obtains legal services for the
departments of the Property Development Division of Ross Stores,
Inc., its subsidiaries and related companies. The objective is to
negotiate and prepare legal documents and perform other real estate
legal services on an in-house basis in order to minimize outside
legal fees, while building in-house expertise.
Prepare documentation for new and existing store, office and
- Negotiate and draft leases.
- Supervise and review the preparation of memoranda of lease and
other related documents by paralegals.
- Review due diligence lease materials and analyze the impact on
the lease and transaction.
- Prepare lease amendments and letter agreements, as requested by
- Supervise, review and approve Estoppel Certificates prepared by
a paralegal based on information provided by other departments.
- Negotiate Subordination, Non-disturbance and Attornment
Agreements as necessary, and review and approve the agreements in
the form prepared by a paralegal.
- Approve, review and supervise change of Landlord entities.
Manage Landlord - Tenant disputes as requested by Management.
- Respond to and prepare demand letters.
- Represent the Company, negotiate resolutions to disputes, and
prepare settlement agreements as requested by Management.
Render legal advice on real estate related issues:
- Analyze and render opinions on the potential impact of proposed
changes to existing lease arrangements.
- Analyze and render opinions on real estate related issued
raises by the Property Management Division, as directed by
Coordinate legal services provided by outside counsel:
- Obtain advice, documents, or other services from outside law
firms as needed.
Prepare and review standard real estate documents.
- Review and propose revisions to form letters of intent to
correctly reflect current corporate requirements.
- Review and propose revisions to form lease as necessary to
correctly reflect current corporate requirements, as appropriate in
conjunction with outside counsel.
- As directed when necessary, draft property deeds, escrow
instructions, corporate resolutions, mechanic's lien releases, and
other standard real estate documents for pending transactions.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Maintain and distribute legal documents (letters of intent;
leases; memoranda of lease; estoppel certificates; subordination,
attornment and non- disturbance agreements, and lease amendment
formats) and templates for repetitive use by Property Managements
department, including added and alternate provisions.
- Develop and create "Policies and Procedures" for the production
and handling of real estate legal documents and information derived
from the documents of the Real Estate Department.
- Other special projects or assignments as required.
- Building Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Developing Talent
- Manages Conflict
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Law degree and admitted in good standing with a state bar,
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior experience in commercial real estate
transactions (retail and shopping center experience, preferable),
document drafting, and business or corporation law.
- Maintain the requirements for bar license by attending
necessary continuing legal education courses, with a study emphasis
in real estate, construction, environmental, business and corporate
- Prior experience in transactional real estate, document
drafting, litigation and business or corporation law.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, with a basic knowledge of
Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage
in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client
support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role
can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Dublin , Director, Real Estate Law Attorney, Legal , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!