Site Technical Lead - Business Technology Solutions
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: November 18, 2022
About AbbVie: AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver
innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and
address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a
remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic
areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology,
women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and
services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more
information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com .
Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and
LinkedIn . Purpose/Job Description: This is an excellent
opportunity to develop and advance your career while working in a
proactive and motivating team environment. This role affords you
the opportunity to prove your leadership skills in an emerging area
critical to the success of entire organization. The BTS Site
Technical Lead role in Dublin CA is critical to success of overall
manufacturing operations by ensuring that IT systems and processes
are maintained, compliant, secure and enable efficient and
effective operations. A successful candidate will provide
end-to-end technical solution leadership and business process
alignment through the delivery and maintaining of Manufacturing and
Lab Operational Information and liaise with Automation systems. The
role will liaise with Global/Enterprise applications and
Infrastructure services team ensuring successful delivery of the
site's infrastructure information systems. This role also advocates
on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their
business priorities and needs, while improving operations and
executing projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined,
cross-functional team environment. This role includes a hands-on
technical component to build, deploy, manage, and support
manufacturing and laboratory GxP systems, as well as site
- Provide technical expertise and day to day technical support to
control systems, lab systems OT and IT systems. Responsibilities
include adhering to change control/management, configuration
control, compliance to system/data security policies and data
integrity, patching, upgrades, backups, validation and
qualification support, and user administration/management.
- Provide expert guidance on new technologies and emerging IT &
automation trends for process and business reengineering.
- Liaise with Global Enterprise, Infrastructure and Quality
system teams ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage
to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site
- Ensure successful integration milestones are achieved while
minimizing business impact and disruption of manufacturing
- Ensure security, compliance and data integrity regulatory
standards are maintained across all site technology systems.
- Support and provide domain expertise to site on GxP, data
integrity, data Security as well as internal & external
- Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing
technical solutions for manufacturing and laboratory systems.
Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine
delivery, integration, and manufacturing validation.
- Support product, platform, and cost improvement programs by
delivering qualified systems and acquisition software, machine
controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and
Operations groups to successfully validate software systems.
- Generate & Maintain documentation (SOP's & Technical
Documentation) for full GMP validation and operation, including
documentation of changes made.
- Contribute to the Automation & IT Business Strategy
- Up to 10% required travel between Dublin and Pleasanton
- Bachelors Degree.
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Exposure to FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental
legislation (Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 3+ years proven track record in delivering IT & automation
solutions in similar environment
- 3+ years + project management experience - proven record of
cross functional project delivery
- Systems background: ERP, SAP, Maximo, RAM, MES, Data Historian
(OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management
systems (NuGenesis, Acronis) SCADA/DCS an advantage
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data
- Ability to manage and support manufacturing layer
Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams
- Clarity of vision and courage of conviction to make good
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at site and global level
in the company
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem.
- Broad knowledge of MS operating system, including server roles:
AD, DNS, Virtualization, Remote Desktop, etc.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Dublin , Site Technical Lead - Business Technology Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!