Senior Manager, IT - Stores Support
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!General PurposeSr. IT Manager role is responsible
for supervising day to day support for Store infrastructure
including Operating System and SQL Databases. Collaborate and
negotiate with internal and external teams to resolve problems to
meet schedules. Monitor, understand and approve changes impacting
Store IT systems and infrastructure. Partner with Store Application
support teams to resolve ongoing issues. Serve as a functional
and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines. Oversee IT
Audit compliance adherence and engage with external and internal
auditors, providing evidence and reports. Provide local IT
maintenance and support for headquarters server room.Essential
- Manage a staff of systems administrators and DBA's and
prioritize project and operational work efforts.
- Develops action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports and
other management communications intended to improve the Stores
support team at Ross
- Manage existing audit compliance processes (internal and
external) and engage with external and internal auditors, providing
feedback and tracking remediation of audit findings
- Collaborate with internal and external IT teams to make
recommendation to improve IT efficiencies year over year.
- Maintain stability and quality ensuring operational standards
and processes are followed; support documents are kept current
- Drive cost reductions in third party support through automation
and process efficiencies.
- Work with Stores Portfolio to scope support and set functional
and non-functional requirements required for transition.
- Manage physical server room, working with project teams to plan
for incoming equipment and changes, ensuring appropriate
decommissioning and e-waste procedures are followed. Ensure
standards are upheld and maintenance, inspection and cleaning is
performed on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership escalation and communication for high
severity Store events.
- Attend On-Call duties as necessary.
- Responsible for other duties as required by
- Building Effect Teams (for managers of People and
- Developing Talent (for managers of people only)
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability and Execution
- Manages ConflictBusiness
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
- Organizational AgilityWith Particular Emphasis On The Following
Specific Position-related Competencies
- Learn Ross processes and systems thoroughly for
executionQualifications And Special Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 5 years managing enterprise support teams.
- Experience in providing guidance to associates according to
established policies and leadership guidance.
- Experience leading a technical support team to prioritize and
resolve issues and long-term problems.
- Technical experience using Microsoft office and O365 suite
(including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Word)
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple
- Technical experience with Microsoft Windows Server and SQL
- Experience managing Server room infrastructure to high
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical
situation, negotiating solutions and resolving conflictsPhysical
Requirements/AdaJob requires ability to work in an office
environment, primarily on a computer.Requires sitting, standing,
walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person
meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.Consistent
timeliness and regular attendance.Ability to lift upwards of 80
poundsVision requirements: Ability to see information in print
and/or electronically.This role requires regular in-office
presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction,
meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching,
and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively
using a combination of in-office and remote work.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesSenior Systems AdministratorsLead, Systems
AdministrationDisclaimerThis job description is a summary of the
primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is
not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of
duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at
management's discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion
according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe
that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to
attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce.
Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex
(which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),
veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic
partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic
characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other
category protected by federal, state or local laws.#Hybrid
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Dublin , Senior Manager, IT - Stores Support, IT / Software / Systems , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!