Senior Technical Training Instructor (Electric) - Livermore
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Requisition ID-# 34580-Job Category : Human Resources-Job Level
: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Human Resources Department
Overview--The Electric Operations Training Team is a dynamic group
within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning
itself with Electric Operations business toward a goal of creating
the safest most reliable electric operating system in the industry.
It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by
designing, developing, and delivering best in industry learning and
on the job support solutions. We are seeking team members who can
thrive autonomously in a fast paced environment that is undergoing
change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a
passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong
internal and external relationships, and have a strong propensity
for action, results and continuous improvement.-Position
Summary-This role includes being part of a team of instructors that
deliver Electric technical training to PG&E's workforce in a
manner that allows the workforce to perform their jobs safely and
efficiently. The successful candidate will ensure that PG&E
Academy's technical training programs are delivered with the
highest level of safety and performance standards, training all
employees to competence and in compliance with PG&E's
standards, procedures and Instructor Excellence guidelines. As an
Instructor, you will instruct, present and observe students within
the Electric Operations Department. The successful candidate will
be part of building a best in industry Electric Operations Delivery
Team.--The work schedule will be Monday-Thursday
0600-1630.-Relocation and Sign-on bonus eligible for qualified
- Coach, mentor and develop team members in order to reach team
and individual goals and strengthen core competencies.
- Coach technical instructors to set expectations around what
best in industry training delivery looks like and work to improve
overall skill set.
- Create and implement team strategies to ensure work is executed
on time, on target and on budget.
- Effectively find solutions to issues and risks presented by
team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong working relationships
with line of business (LOB)directors/managers, project managers,
and team members, working collaboratively to identify training and
performance requirements and advising on learning solutions aligned
with those requirements.
- Interface with client for course and training material
feedback. Make suggestions for improvements and changes to
curriculum working with Curriculum Development.
- May lead the development of critical new tools, technology and
techniques that requires cross functional coordination.
- Plan, establish and maintain scheduling in conjunction with
operations partners to maximize instructor booking efficiency and
quality, adhere to budget and achieve results-driven learning
- Provides technical leadership within the department.
- Work with Academy partners, including Curriculum Development,
Professional Development, Operations, and eLearning to plan for
assisting in Academy projects and rollouts.
- Works closely with Academy Management, line of business
leadership, project managers, information systems technology
services (ISTS) teams, and PG&E Academy curriculum.
- Development, and operations teams to ensure timely and accurate
delivery of PG&E learning solutions that meet our company's
goals and needs.-Qualifications-Minimum:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journey-man level in respective technical trade (Lineman)
- Mastery in one area as determined by the instructor
- Technical Training Certification (COMPTIA) or equivalent
(within 6 months of hire)-Desired:
- College degree in engineering or Apprenticeship Completion in
technical discipline (Lineman)
- 6 months experience as a Technical Training Instructor
- 2 years at Journeyman level in respective technical trade
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Dublin , Senior Technical Training Instructor (Electric) - Livermore, IT / Software / Systems , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!