Senior Manager, IT - Stores Support
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
Sr. IT Manager role is responsible for supervising day to day
support for Store infrastructure including Operating System and SQL
Databases. Collaborate and negotiate with internal and external
teams to resolve problems to meet schedules. Monitor, understand
and approve changes impacting Store IT systems and infrastructure.
Partner with Store Application support teams to resolve ongoing
issues. Serve as a functional and/or technical expert in one or
more disciplines. Oversee IT Audit compliance adherence and engage
with external and internal auditors, providing evidence and
reports. Provide local IT maintenance and support for headquarters
- Manage a staff of systems administrators and DBA's and
prioritize project and operational work efforts.
- Develops action plans, schedules, budgets, status reports and
other management communications intended to improve the Stores
support team at Ross
- Manage existing audit compliance processes (internal and
external) and engage with external and internal auditors, providing
feedback and tracking remediation of audit findings
- Collaborate with internal and external IT teams to make
recommendation to improve IT efficiencies year over year.
- Maintain stability and quality ensuring operational standards
and processes are followed; support documents are kept current
- Drive cost reductions in third party support through automation
and process efficiencies.
- Work with Stores Portfolio to scope support and set functional
and non-functional requirements required for transition.
- Manage physical server room, working with project teams to plan
for incoming equipment and changes, ensuring appropriate
decommissioning and e-waste procedures are followed. Ensure
standards are upheld and maintenance, inspection and cleaning is
performed on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership escalation and communication for high
severity Store events.
- Attend On-Call duties as necessary.
- Responsible for other duties as required by management
- Building Effect Teams (for managers of People and
- Developing Talent (for managers of people only)
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability and Execution
- Manages Conflict
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
- Organizational Agility
With Particular Emphasis On The Following Specific Position-related
- Learn Ross processes and systems thoroughly for execution
Qualifications And Special Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 5 years managing enterprise support teams.
- Experience in providing guidance to associates according to
established policies and leadership guidance.
- Experience leading a technical support team to prioritize and
resolve issues and long-term problems.
- Technical experience using Microsoft office and O365 suite
(including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Word)
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple
- Technical experience with Microsoft Windows Server and SQL
- Experience managing Server room infrastructure to high
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical
situation, negotiating solutions and resolving conflicts
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Ability to lift upwards of 80 pounds
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage
in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client
support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role
can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and
Senior Systems Administrators
Lead, Systems Administration
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Dublin , Senior Manager, IT - Stores Support, Hospitality & Tourism , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!