Lead, Merchandising Implementation & Presentation
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
This role is will support Store Operations Merchandising
Initiatives in partnership with the New York Buying Office. The
Lead will maintain expenditure logs, budget planning (monthly and
yearly), and build pricing requests to present for approval. The
Lead will also provide analytical support for merchandising
initiatives. The Lead will work with other cross-functional
business partners to execute projects by creating timelines,
project managing all projects through execution, and providing
continuous follow-ups, recaps, and project hindsight. This Lead
will represent the Stores organization by having a working
understanding of Store Operations processes, policies, and
procedures as new initiatives are explored by NYBO.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Analyzes budget and forecast variances from month to month.
Researches and determines root cause for forecast variances from
month to month.
- Owns the expenditure log process by communicating timelines to
Purchasing Agents, collaborating on invoice cut-off, and adjusting
cash flow as needed. Validates the accuracy of the expenditure
- Analyzes year-end requirements for capital projects and
prepares documents to ensure accrual and carry-overs are accurately
reported to the Finance team.
- Accurately determines the time needed to execute tasks and
builds timelines accordingly.
- Has a high sense of urgency and can solve challenges using
experience, data, and subject matter experts quickly and
- Supports both Store Operations and NYBO to execute
merchandising strategies in an off-price environment. This
includes, but is not limited to, hardware and fixture, and signage
- Provide status updates on a regular basis on all projects
effectively verbally and/or in written communication.
- Can adjust and change direction mid-stream when needed.
- Can move a project forward even in the absence of complete
- Partners with the Merchandising Manager to support prototype
updates, New Store openings, floor plan reviews, refresh, remodels,
and new product strategies.
- Collaborates with cross-functional business partners to develop
detailed project timelines, write decks for socialization, and
provide updates effectively verbally and/or in written
- Visit stores as needed for merchandise sets, fixture capacity
review, and to identify trends.
- Communicates Effectively
- Leading by Example
- Manages Conflict
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in related field preferred.
- 4+ years of retail experience or corporate experience including
executing and completing project management in Store
- 4+ years of analytic and financial/budgeting experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite a
- Excellent communication, and ability to organize and prioritize
special project files.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and
independently with minimal direction.
- Responsible for the ongoing development, engagement, and
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel to stores in local and
non-local markets as needed
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage
in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client
support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role
can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Dublin , Lead, Merchandising Implementation & Presentation, Hospitality & Tourism , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!