Nursing House Supervisor
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Acts as the on-site administrative designee for the entire facility
for off-shifts and weekends. Manages all the patient care
departments, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance
- Manages the off-hours and weekend patient care activities.
Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in
compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission,
federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains
appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating
departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved
quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum.
- Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets
age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department
safety, and risk management issues.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor,
quality improvement champion or other related leadership
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care
delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other
federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Minimum one (1) year of critical care or emergency department
nursing experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Dublin , Nursing House Supervisor, Healthcare , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...