Correctional Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician Needed in Dublin, CA
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Dublin, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Here at
Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people -
our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to
making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"Under the direction of the Medical
Director and Health Services Administrator (HSA) or Program Manager
(PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Obstetrics and
Gynecology Physician provides health assessment and direct care to
obstetrics and gynecology patients as part of the provider team
providing services in compliance with all applicable NURSING
standards, state and federal rules and regulations.Education:
- Doctor of Medicine degreeExperience:
- Three (3) years' experience
- Previous correctional/detention facility
- Unrestricted current medical license and board
certification/board eligible in obstetrics and gynecology - must
maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing,
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving ACLS certification
- Provides general primary obstetric and gynecological care using
generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a
plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical
examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral,
uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost-efficient
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient
- Provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted
- Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers,
nurses, support staff, and patients, concerning treatment and care
of patients. Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty
referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of
- Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical
procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally
invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
- Participate in on-call activities as needed.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities.
Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Chart all findings in patient's medical record providing
written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course or
other documentation requirements as outlined by company and
Facility and in a timely manner.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required
duties to meet all state, organizational and licensure
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful
training of direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: Wellpath, Dublin , Correctional Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician Needed in Dublin, CA, Healthcare , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!