Regional Vice President, Real Estate
Company: Ross Stores
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The Regional Vice President, Real Estate will be responsible for
the planning, leadership, organization and control for the short-
and long-term strategies and negotiations for store development
within multiple regions of the company. This will include the
analysis, selection, and negotiation of new store sites, as well as
the relocation, replacement expansion, and surplus store programs.
He/she will drive strategic market assessment, site planning and
location, and deal strategy within the specified region, and the
company's representation to landlords. The Regional Vice President
will be accountable for the accomplishment of strategic store
development objectives for his/her multiple regions, with
responsibility for targeted sales estimates, proforma occupancy
costs, impact on P&L of each store, cannibalization control and
enforcement of existing store leases. He/She will build and lead a
field management team including Managers, Brokers, Attorneys, and
Consultants for effective penetration into new and existing
- Develop regional deal strategy to support and execute the
strategic plan, including traveling to and reviewing all
recommended sites within their multiple regions.
- Develop and lead the negotiation strategy for business points
for sites approved by the company, as well as lease renewals, store
expansions, existing store and shopping center modifications and
surplus store space available for sublease. Guide and coach Real
Estate Directors on negotiation skills, as assigned.
- Develop and maintain cohesive communication and excellent
working relationships with real estate brokers, developers, owners,
landlords, attorneys, architects, real estate representatives of
other retail tenants and local government officials (i.e. city
council members, planning commissioners, city planners, city
managers, etc.); coach Real Estate Directors on building and
maintaining these relationships, as assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the Construction
Department to ensure the smooth flow of communication and plans
between Landlords and Ross for all projects within the region.
- Ensure the coordination and maintenance of all legal documents
needed to lease or sublease the properties within the region.
- Ensure the flow and maintenance of data for new store site
submittal packets, and data related to trade areas and specific
- Actively participate in the development of the Company's
strategic plan, particularly with regard to store development.
Partner with other members of senior management to establish and
achieve goals for store expansion and profitability.
- Determine and guide Ross' approach and representation with
external agencies, such as brokers, attorneys, and sign consultants
within the region.
- Develop strategy for ongoing assessment of multi-market store
site locations (availability, property value, access, zoning,
development obstacles, timing etc.) for the region.
- Create an organizational climate and environment, which
emphasize teamwork, communication and excellence.
- Monitor store and multiregional performance including occupancy
cost and cannibalization.
- Analyze performance data to help determine growing and
declining trade areas.
- Track and monitor development of approved sites to ensure that
feedback on budgeted delivery dates is properly communicated.
- Track and maintain knowledge of industry and competitor trends,
strategies, and approaches.
- Demonstrate and maintain a proactive, high energy,
collaborative and ethical management style.
- Quality of Work
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Use of Influence
- Planning and Organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.A. /B.S. degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of progressive Real Estate management
experience within a retail store development environment; big box
and fast growth environment experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership for a high growth
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow effective retail site
- An individual with keen strategic abilities and vision. An
executive with a deep understanding of the retail real estate
business and a complex operational environment.
- An outstanding negotiator, able to act quickly, decisively and
to bring deals to closure.
- An executive with excellent communication and relationship
building skills, able to represent the company with the highest
levels of efficacy and ethics within the marketplace.
- A retail executive with sharp business acumen, able to drive
aggressive growth and expansion.
- A collaborative business partner, able to forge strong
relationships across an organization.
- An outstanding team builder, able to recruit, retain and
develop talent for both long and short term organizational
- A high-energy individual, able to be successful in a fast-paced
- An individual possessing the highest standards of ethics and
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the
telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or
Job requires up to 50% travel.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Dublin , Regional Vice President, Real Estate, Executive , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!