Company: Patelco Credit Union
Posted on: May 22, 2020
OverviewThe Vice President, Finance is responsible for oversight
of all aspects of financial risk (Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity
Risk, and Capital Risk) which includes the measurement of
compliance with all related limits adopted by the Board of
Directors. Additionally, this position is responsible for
statistical modeling, management reporting, and financial analysis
functions, including branch, product, and member profitability.
Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on professional
development and team building, while maintaining a positive and
engaging work environment.Responsibilities
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of the credit union's
Asset Liability Management position and recommend balance sheet
strategy to optimize risk/return.
- Analyze the liquidity position of the credit union to provide
actionable information to the
- Responsible for the completion, execution and delivery of the
Capital Planning process including presenting analyses and results
to the Capital Planning Committee and the Board of Directors to
achieve an effective challenge process as well as Stress Testing
scenarios as requested by the NCUA as a $10 billion+ financial
- Coordinates with the NCUA as to any aspect of the Capital
Planning/Stress Testing and data submissions and ensures that
models are validated according to NCUA regulations as a $10
billion+ financial institution.
- Assists with developing annual comprehensive capital plan that
addresses capital goals. Determines appropriate capital levels,
evaluates decisions about capital actions, and maintains capital
contingency plans according to policy.
- Enhance and manage the ongoing branch, product, and member
profitability analysis for the credit union, including funds
transfer pricing and capital allocation analysis.
- Monitor balance sheet trends and present recommendations
regarding earnings/capital performance, ensuring projections are
linked with management's goals.
- Formulate financial strategies and contribute to the evaluation
and development of key ALM model
- Manage the reporting of business unit budget performance
- Manage the development, implementation and reporting of
business unit-level metrics to maximize decision making by the
- Provide analytical support for projects, products and services
development, strategic initiatives and ad hoc situations to enhance
organizational decision making and issue
- Analyze earnings/capital exposure using different rate
scenarios, volume assumptions and business strategi Interpret and
monitor complex financial model outputs and assumptions.
- Coach and develop team; empower team to take appropriate
risk/action; assess skills and coordinate training as necessary;
enhancing knowledge and greater understanding of 'big picture' and
credit union focus.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create, implement, and/or
recommend strategies contributing to overall credit union growth
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and decision-making skills
by applying knowledge and experience to develop solutions and
- Perform other related and unrelated duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with a concentration in finance, economics,
mathematics, statistics or another quantitative
- MBA desirable, but not required
- 10 + years of financial services experience with demonstrated
knowledge of ALM and ALM modeling
- Minimum of 10 years leading and motivating teams, including
partnering across areas without direct supervisory lines
- Experience with NCUA/Federal Reserve Bank capital planning and
- Demonstrated leadership
- Effectively present information to executives, management,
Board of Directors
- Excellent listening
- Collaboration, influential leadership skills, public speaking,
succession planning and talent management.
- Strong people skills, adept at working in a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, transparency
and exceptional leadership behavior.
- Capacity to deal with abstract (strategic) and concrete
- Results oriented - strong organizational, project planning
Keywords: Patelco Credit Union, Dublin , VP, Finance, Executive , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!