Senior Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Purpose: Provide technical and professional leadership to the
Sustaining Engineering team through support of activities such as
new product introduction, product sustainment, and cost improvement
at AbbVie's Dublin California manufacturing site. Accountable for
successful, on-time project execution, label change management,
optimization of manufacturing processes, engineering change orders,
CAPAs, end of life management, and cost improvement
initiatives.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following (other duties may be assigned):
- Participate in cross functional communication with Design,
Quality, Document Control, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, and
Manufacturing Operations to support the key initiatives within the
- Responsible for medical device label change processes to ensure
strict adherence to label requirements as defined by regulatory
- Partner with Process and Software Engineering teams to execute
manufacturing optimization projects.
- Lead the team to implement design and process solutions while
fulfilling the documentation requirements for Class 2 medical
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to
insure conformance to all quality requirements
- Lead CAPA initiatives through all phases, root cause analysis,
identification of corrective actions, change implementation, and
- Identify and prioritize projects such as product/process
continuous improvement, end of life strategies, and cost
- Develop partnerships with internal AbbVie teams for successful
execution of new product introduction initiatives.
- Objectively reviews change orders to ensure adherence to
- Provide training for line personnel, as required.
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to design, develop,
and continuously improve product, equipment, fixtures, and/or
- Capital projects planning and execution. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degreein mechanical engineering, industrial
engineering, electrical engineering or closely related discipline
is required, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated
competency with desired 10+ years of significant engineering and/or
operations experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired
and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of people leadership experience/leading team(s)
with demonstrated success in developing talent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an electro-mechanical, assembly
and test manufacturing environment.
- Has demonstrated excellence across multiple engineering
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and
maintains strong working relationships with internal and external
- Proficiency with CAD tools such as Creo and Solidworks
- Experience with creation and maintenance of medical device
- Experience using SAP or other enterprise system is
- Experience in change management utilizing PLM tools such as
Arena, Agile, etc.
- Experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing environment and
proficiency with medical device development life cycles is
- Knowledge and understanding of FDA regulations (21CFR 820),
ISO13485, and ISO standards related to medical device manufacturing
- Possesses a strong sense of teamwork.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.Applicable
to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is
the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of
this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted
range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in
California. This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range for this role is posted below
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid
time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision
insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or
compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive,
benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are
allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole
discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the
Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.AbbVie is an
equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is
AbbVie's policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability
without discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran,
recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or
active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person's
relationship or association with a protected veteran, including
spouses and other family members, or any other protected group
status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a
disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed
Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign
badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for
viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business
hours.Significant Work Activities: N/ATravel: NoJob Type:
ExperiencedSchedule: Full-timeCompensationMinimum Salary $110,500
Maximum Salary $216,000
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Dublin , Senior Manager, Sustaining Engineering, Engineering , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...