Research and Development Test Engineer
Company: Sequlite Genomics
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Sequlite Genomics, a Bay Area subsidiary of Fapon Biotech, is a
growing life sciences company who is developing a Next-Generation
DNA Sequencing (NGS) platform to enable sequencing for everyone. We
are looking for a full-time test engineer to join the R&D team
during our early-growth phase with high potential for long-term
career paths. This position will work with a multi-disciplinary
group of scientists and engineers to solve challenging chemistry,
molecular biology, and engineering problems.The NGS platform is an
intricate machine which includes high-end optical and
fluidiccomponents, temperature and motion controls, and disposable
single-use cartridges. The test engineer is to gain the technical
expertise behind these aspects to maintain existing prototypeswhile
contributing to the design & testing of new modules and systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the full development lifecycle of our flagship
- Perform unit testing to evaluate core hardware
- Ensure proper integration of key modules
- Conduct integration tests and ensure function of complete
- Maintain instrument function and suggest design
- Troubleshoot instrument issues with root-cause analysis
- Collaborate with R&D team to test & implement key
- Support team needs with customized setups
- Conduct detailed experiments to optimize protocols &
- Contribute to transfer to production & manufacturing
- Communicate between departments to address issues and
- Develop, test, and write SOPsRequirements:
- Minimum B.S. degree in bioengineering, biomedical engineering,
mechanical engineering, or closely related field.
- Fast learner, adept and comfortable using computers & new
- Good communication skills and team player.
- High critical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and adept at precise & delicate
hands-on work.Other beneficial skills:
- Verification & Validation (V&V), design of experiments
(DOE), root cause analysis (RCA), rapid prototyping
- Experience working with biotechnology instrumentation and
fluidic hardware (pumps, tubing, valves, etc.).
- Familiarity with basic programming principles (Matlab, Python,
- Core fundamentals of math & sciences: mechanics, electronics,
basic biology, etc.
- Familiarity with both biotechnology instrumentation and
wet-laboratory techniquesOur facilities are located near the West
Dublin/Pleasanton BART station and easily accessible byI-680/I-580.
We offer competitive salary, comprehensive medical, dental, vision
benefits, 401k matching, and paid-time-off. We are an Equal
Keywords: Sequlite Genomics, Dublin , Research and Development Test Engineer, Engineering , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!