Host Security Engineer
Company: World Wide Technology
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job Title: Host Security Engineer IILocation: Dublin, CA (1-2
days in office, remainder work from home), Vaccine
requirementDuration: 6 month CTHJob Summary:
- The Host Security Engineer II is responsible for envisioning
and taking steps to implement security improvements to protect
information and assets. The Host Security Engineer leads
initiatives that harden Host security posture and capabilities from
concept through delivery, defining and following discreet
procedures and protocols to ensure integrity and compliance. The
Host Security Engineer leads the product area strategy, roadmap,
application design and vendor/product due-diligence functions.
- The Host Security Engineer serves as a liaison to the other
Information Security and IT functional groups, influencing outcomes
as appropriate. The Host Security Engineer operates as the Host
Security Subject Matter Expert (SME), and provides 3rd level
production support for application. Job Duties:
- Research, evaluate, and develop Host Security designs and
standards following industry best practices.
- Ensure that business strategy, IT enterprise security and
implementation are aligned. Provide input to technical designs in
enterprise security solutions, specifically around tools and
systems that would best support the design.
- Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and
implement Enterprise Security solutions to support new
- Provide technical expertise to solve production issues related
to security applications, recommend solutions or process
enhancements and root cause Analysis.
- Recommend improvements to company's security posture through
technological, administrative, or physical controls. Work with
project teams regarding security architecture and technical
- Ensure that security solutions are acquired, configured and
implemented correctly. Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of Host security products such as File
Integrity Monitoring, Endpoint Security, Endpoint Encryption,
Advanced Threat Protection, Security Log Management and
- Strong knowledge of current security space with general
understanding of current security threats, techniques, and
landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to
research current information on the security landscape.
- At least 7 years of Information Security experience with a
- Strong knowledge of security tools Anti-virus/malware
protection, Advanced Threat Protection, Log Collection & Analysis,
User Behavior Analytics, and Scanning for Vulnerabilities in
Operating Systems, Databases and networks. Preference to hands on
experience with Symantec SEP or McAfee Suite of security
- Knowledge of securing operating systems, databases, encryption,
and other security technologies.
- Bachelor degree preferred or Senior level certification with
equivalent demonstrated relevant experience.
- Working experience with security tools
- Able to work independently and creatively problem solve complex
- Able to provide leadership, guidance and training to
- Able to provide accurate estimates of timeframes and cost
estimates necessary to complete potential projects and develop
milestones and project implementation plans.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a group setting and independently.
- Knowledge of securing Office 365
Keywords: World Wide Technology, Dublin , Host Security Engineer, Engineering , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!