Process Engineer (DCS)
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: June 18, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:The
Process Engineer (DCS) has a very important role to play in TILGC's
commitment to quality and efficient manufacturing together with the
training of people. Specific and varying duties will be given to
the Process Engineer (DCS) in relation to their current assignment
but some key tasks and responsibilities are outlined below. The
Process Engineer (DCS) will have a particular focus on various
automation systems (PLC/SCADA/DCS) and its effective operation with
supporting systems.Key responsibilities will be supporting day to
day operations primarily associated with PLC systems. A further
expectation is the cross training of others to increase automation
support capability at TILGC.The engineer and must be capable of
working both on their own initiative and as part of a very flexible
team in a demanding, regulated environment. They are required to
proactively contribute to the delivery of manufacturing targets
within quality, safety and environmental requirements and on
schedule.Optional hybrid work model though primarily on site.How
you will contribute:
- Perform duties as directed in whatever area of the facility
that they may be assigned to. Scope includes but not limited
- Day to day support of site activities
- Proactively work with relevant Departments and project team
members to support the development and troubleshooting of
automation systems on site
- Proactively provide technical support to Manufacturing
Operations, Engineering and EHS in order to ensure that the various
control systems are operated at optimum efficiency and maximum
- Coding modifications where required.
- Support and assist execution of all stages of qualification
(test scripts, validation liaison etc.)
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to
assigned tasks and projects
- Provide technical support for feasibility studies and field
trials where required in relation to control systems
- Support testing, debugging and documentation of same during
installation of control systems
- Support the development of integration requirements between
control systems and historians and MES
- Support Data Integrity initiatives
- Support the management and documentation of User accounts and
backupsGeneral Automation Support Activities
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs)
associated with the site control systems.
- On going development and execution of training to all
identified users to ensure efficient utilisation of control
- Cross train others within the department to level where they
are capable of supporting the relevant control systems.
- Proactively work with relevant Departments to support the
introduction of new processes including recipe development.
- Available to participate in and support 'on-call' and 'call
out' systems as required.Quality Systems and GMP
- Ensure that all activities for which they have responsibility
are carried out in accordance with TILGC quality standards, current
Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and all other relevant
policies, procedures, regulations and standards including Health &
Safety and Environmental (EHS) Legislation.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to their areas of
responsibility are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Such
documentation would include (but not be limited to) records
required by SOPs, Logbooks as well as EHS records.
- Preparation of reports in relation to deviations and/or
investigations, as requiredGeneral Responsibilities
- Participate fully in any cross functional training
- Drive and promote the corporate values of Takeda-ism within the
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other TIL staff, an ethos
and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an
integral part of the overall business.
- Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in
a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and
- Other duties as required and directed by the Director,
Engineering or other Officer appointed by the Board of
Directors.What you bring to Takeda:
- Third level Automation or Engineer Degree or equivalent.
- Expert Working knowledge of PLC/SCADA/PLC systems.
- Working knowledge of Yokogawa Centum VP would be
- Working knowledge of Simatic S7 would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of TIA Portal would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Wonderware would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of PI Data Historian would be
- Demonstrated written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop written IT processes and
- Project management skills and strong Interpersonal and
communication skills (written and verbal)
- Control system applications aptitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment,
and the ability to cultivate and maintain positive business
relationships, a well motivated self-starterWhat Takeda can offer
you:Full Healthcare Cover - includes dependentsPension
SchemeAttractive BonusSubsidised canteenParking facilities with
electric car charging pointsHealth & Wellness programs including
onsite flu shots and health screeningsEducational
AssistanceImportant Considerations:At Takeda, our patients rely on
us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict
rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not
endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.More about us:At
Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of
novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people
to shine:Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, or any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsGrange Castle, IrelandWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Dublin , Process Engineer (DCS), Engineering , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!