Manager - Global Financial Reporting
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Manages the daily operations of a team that reviews complex fund
financial reporting deliverables completed by third party service
providers to verify accuracy and assist in resolving issues. Leads
and oversees the development, implementation and administration of
various strategic initiatives within the department.Core
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises engaged crew. Provides
guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets
performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed
compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human
Resources policies and procedures. Develops key succession
- Drives business results, leads initiatives to reduce risk and
improve processes to realize strategic outcomes.
- Performs analytical review of reports for medium to high
complexity funds for accuracy. Validates results and performs
control checks to ensure accurate results from service providers.
Resolves complex issues or requests for information.
- Oversees the completion of the group's key deliverables,
service provider performance and KPIs.
- Develops and implements complex operational plans to achieve
departmental and corporate objectives. Works with management in the
planning, development, and execution of short- and long-range
goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently
recommending and implementing solutions. Analyzes costs impacting
- Completes fund financial statements and reports for
shareholders and regulatory reporting in accordance with local
regulatory reporting requirements. Serves as central point of
contact and technical expert for the department. Shares knowledge
and assists colleagues with problem resolution.
- Presents financial reporting results to Senior leaders and
Boards of Directors.
- Manages policies and procedures, maintains a robust control
environment, and makes strong recommendations for process and
- Monitor current and upcoming accounting standards and formally
document positions for financial reporting regulations promulgated
by US, UK and Irish GAAP, SORP, IFRS and IFRS equivalents.
- Partner with Fund Accounting Policy to monitor and communicate
new standards and rules, and the potential impact on Vanguard, to
accountants and management.
- Interface with internal and external parties on assessing the
impact of accounting and regulatory guidance. Engage externally
with industry committees and industry discussions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance). CPA and/or
MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with at least 2
years of in financial services. Supervisory experience
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment
working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.In Finance
we are committed to providing you a supportive and inclusive
environment, one where all crew feel a sense of belonging and
diverse voices make a positive impact globally. Learn more about
#FINclusion and how you can join us in raising the bar on
excellence.Interested in learning more about the role and our
organization? Visit the Finance Divisional site to learn more about
our organization and key initiatives our crew are helping to
drive.You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access
Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and
restrictions. Reference the Code of Ethics Policy for further
details.Future of WorkDuring the pandemic, we transitioned to a
work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue
to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.As we have
developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach
that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many
benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared
workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew
are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous
for the personal development of our crew.When our Crew return to
the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller
proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work
model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office
model (for example, portfolio managers).The working model that your
role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview
process - please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make
the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which
model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways
of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models
along the way.
Keywords: Vanguard, Dublin , Manager - Global Financial Reporting, Advertising , Dublin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!